I’m having a day today. You know, one of those “HOLY SHIT! When am I going to get all of this done?!” sort of days. So I thought if I just wrote it down and put it out there, then I would maybe be able to let a little steam off the pressure cooker and hold onto my sanity.
1. It’s only FOUR MORE DAYS until the first day of school for the girls! FOUR!! Supplies are bought, open house was completed (and a success), extra clothes are packed in backpacks. I just need to figure out what we are going to pack for snacks… Not much to do, but I’m sure this is significantly attributing to my stress.
2. I just landed a pretty big gig for an international fashion magazine/online store. I don’t want to put too much out there and jinx anything so all I will say is that I have to get product created and to NY for a shoot by TUESDAY and my contact lives in Sweden so I won’t have design approval until tomorrow and if tweaks are needed… I’m trying not to think about it. Anyway, it’s stressing me the hell out to say the least (but in a good way ’cause this is huge!). I’ll share more when I know the items were used and images are in print.
3. The St Cloud Art Crawl is August 22nd and this is an all day (12pm-9pm) gig. I have yet to line up a sitter (gulp) and will need to make a significant amount of product before then. I also have a few new items (more necklaces & earrings in particular) that I need to display- let me rephrase to that I need to figure out HOW to display! I have some ideas of simple displays such as these:
But frankly, I don’t have the money nor the time so I’m not sure how I’m going to keep things from looking like a cluttered shit hole and so it’s freaking me out a bit.
Can you tell I’m stressed yet by all the cuss words?
4. Did you get the part about needing to make SIGNIFICANTLY more product?! Etsy sales have been good, but it’s depleting my meager supply and I need to get some shit MADE!
5. Organized. I simply need to get organized. I have not been good at keeping an inventory up to date so without unpacking everything and just counting it all, I’m not sure what I have and what I’m out of etc.
So yeah, I’m having a day. Not sure if I feel better or worse just seeing it all in print. Being interrupted 54 times while writing this sure didn’t help. Maybe number 1 isn’t such a big deal afterall. Maybe it should become my anti-stress mantra- “Just 4 more days… Just 4 more days…”
Crap. Now I feel the mom guilt setting in….